|Donna Reed Center for the Performing Arts|
Festivities include open house, rededication ceremony and 1930's movieThe Donna Reed Center for the Performing Arts is celebrating the building's 100 years in existence on June 21, 2014. The building has had many names beginning with The Germania Opera House to The Denison Opera House to The Ritz Theater and now The Donna Reed Center.
The building will be open during the day for tours and the viewing of building artifacts from the Donna Reed Heritage Museum Archives. A rededication ceremony will be held at 4:30 p.m. with comments from The Donna Reed Foundation's Board of Directors President, John Fujii and Mayor Brad Bonner. Refreshment will be available throughout the day.
At approximately 5:30 p.m. the 1930 zany comedy, "Animal Crackers", starring The Marx Brothers, will be screened. This movie was one of the early full length "talkies" and was screened at The Denison Opera House in September of 1930.
For more information on the Centennial Open House, please contact The Donna Reed Foundation at 263-3334, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.